Virtuoso extends our heartfelt thanks to all who participated in the 2013 Virtuoso Travel Week. We were thrilled you were a part of this annual "family reunion" that has forged deep bonds among Virtuosos, and, as a result, redefined the way our clients experience travel.
The event was historic in several ways:
• The highest attendee total ever
– 4,100 – breaking the 2012 attendance high of 3,900
• The highest member advisor total – 1,900
• The highest number of suppliers – 1,800
• 18% of the attendees were first-timers
at the event
• 90 different countries were represented
The number of advisor-supplier meetings also hit a new record high: an estimated 350,000 4-minute appointments, up from last year's 312,000. The 2013 figure equals 1.6 million minutes of meetings – or three years of relationship building. An estimated $450 million in annualized travel sales results from the event.